The Iranian terrorist network is steadily tightening its grip on the Palestinian cities within Judea and Samaria. During a recent visit to Tehran, Ziad Al-Nakhallah, Secretary General of the Islamic Jihad, met with Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and high-ranking officers of the “Revolutionary Guards.”
Discussions revolved around drawing lessons from the “Shield and Arrow” operation against the Islamic Jihad in the Gaza Strip, as well as preparations for a significant security escalation in Judea and Samaria.
On July 1, Ziad Al-Nakhallah gave an interview to the Iranian newspaper “Alwifak,” revealing the key points discussed during his meetings with the Iranian leadership in Tehran:
- An orchestrated effort to arm all Palestinian cities in Judea and Samaria, following Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei’s directive, in order to push them into a state of resistance.
- The establishment of fighter “battalions” in cooperation with the “Al-Aqsa Martyrs Battalions” of the Fatah movement and Hamas, present in all Palestinian cities in Judea and Samaria.
- The recent rocket attacks on major Israeli cities, particularly Tel Aviv, have been made possible due to technological knowledge and support received from Iran, enabling the resistance to manufacture mortars and explosive charges.
- The Palestinian situation in Judea and Samaria has undergone a change facilitated by Iran’s smuggling of weapons and acquisition of arms through Israeli channels using Iranian funds.
- This has been done to push the West Bank towards a state of resistance, in accordance with Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei’s directives.
During the meeting with Supreme Leader Khamenei, emphasis was once again placed on the necessity of strengthening the armament of the West Bank and the resistance movement.
Ziad Al-Nakhallah boldly claimed that Israel is on the path to annihilation, asserting that even if it takes 10 to 15 years, they will ultimately emerge victorious, causing the Zionist project to crumble and Jews to return to their ancestral homelands.
The Islamic Jihad boasts expertise in the production of explosive devices, with former security prisoners among its ranks possessing knowledge in this field. The resistance receives significant financial support and weapons from Iran.
Internal disputes within Israel are undeniably a major threat to the future of the Zionist entity. Social conflicts further strengthen the resistance and deepen the rift within Israeli society.
Ziad Al-Nakhallah praised the role of General Qassem Soleimani, former commander of the “Quds” force, who was eliminated by the US military in Iraq in 2020. He referred to him as “more Palestinian than the Palestinians” and more “Jerusalem than the Jerusalemites,” while emphasizing that General Ismail Qa’ani is following in Soleimani’s footsteps.
Following Ziad Al-Nakhallah’s visit to Tehran, a senior delegation from the Hamas movement also arrived and held meetings with Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and senior officers of the “Revolutionary Guards.”
Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei places great importance on transforming Judea and Samaria into a new front against Israel, stating to the Islamic Jihad delegation, “The Gaza Strip is the center of resistance, but the West Bank is the one that will defeat Israel.”